- Event Start Date November 14, 2020
Saturday, November 14 on Zoom!
Registration is now open for our Virtual Mock Trial Clinic taking place Saturday, November 14 from 10am-12pm. Informational flyer and clinic case is attached. Registration links are below.
Details on the clinic:
- There will be one zoom meeting for Beginners and another zoom meeting for Intermediate/Advanced students. Both will be going on at the same time.
- At each hour the students will have a choice to attend one of three topics and applying the attached clinic case.
- The whole clinic will be recorded so you will be able to watch any topics you missed at a later time.
- Topics are being taught by long time mock trial judges.
- Students will be free to ask questions through the Q&A function or the chat.
- If someone prefers not to be visible on the recording – make sure you keep your video off.
- Capacity for the topics is limited to 200 (because that is what Zoom allows).
- Students are free to register themselves at the links above.
- Teacher sponsors and attorney advisers are free to register and attend any of the topics for either group.
- The Mock Trial 101 topic in the Beginner group is our introduction to mock trial for those that are brand new and wanting to know what mock trial is and what it entails.
- There will be no discussion of the state case. Only the attached clinic case will be in use.
After the clinic we will be hosting a coaches meeting to talk about the virtual nature of mock trial this year. Coaches can register for that meeting at the link here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIoc–grTMuG9abXrX72ty1jgaUrO0qZsGy. The meeting will be recorded for those not able to attend. Plus, we plan on having another virtual meeting later in December.
Look forwarding to “seeing” some of you soon!